Friday, March 4, 2011

Where Do I Begin

In the name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful

How should I feel? Happy or anxious...neither glad nor sad... I don't know what to expect...yes, I do love him like my own child and I do have expectations which sometimes make me wanna go and bury my head in the sand...I should listen to my brother's in Islam advice...love him like your own and all problems can be solved...I do hope so...

The first time I laid eyes on you, you look so innocent...so shy yet so confident of yourself, my first impression on you was that you were a good person...a practicing Muslim. Your body language sent me messages that were easy to read and understand. On March 1st 2010, at 3.09am, you sent me a message confirming my intuition about your feeling...

A year has passed and now you're going to be part of my family...I welcome you into my life with a lot of expectations...expectation that you would be able to tame a strong heart...soften the high spirit...mellow down the tough facade... Yes, I do expect all that from you...but I know you're only human and thus fallible...hence I have been able to love the bad, the ugly that go with the good and the beautiful...

I never judge you on your weaknesses in your attempt to reach your dream for I value more your caring and loving self...your keenness to learn, to be good...you're teachable...even though a lot of times you don't know how to show respect but I know that you do respect your elders...

Sometimes you make me cry silently...sometimes you make me the happiest person in the whole world. Thank you for spicing up and color my life into different shades and nuances...Knowing you has given me a lot of learning experiences...has made me aware of signposts...has given me meanings to simple, common but profound words...has made me aware of how should my relationship to Allah be...Thank you for just being you...I love you, MQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment